Strategic Governing Body
The name STEP, an acronym, reflects the aspirational nature of the organisation – Striving Together for Excellence in Partnership. Inspired by the commitment to improve children’s life chances, STEP Academies work together to provide high quality learning experiences for all their pupils.
“STEP First” is the notion that, first and foremost, everyone is committed to being part of The STEP Academy Trust. All governors must be fully aligned to the Trust’s Mission and Vision. Although serving one or more particular Academies, governors are members of the wider STEP team. We are all one team, in one organisation, working towards the same goal: to be outstanding in all we do – STEP First!
STEP Governance Structure
Recent changes introduced by the Department for Education (DfE) allow academy trusts to establish a local governing body that is responsible for two or more academies.
COMPOSITION OF THE STRATEGIC GOVERNING BODIES (SGB)
The new Strategic Governing Bodies will have a maximum of 12 Governors as follows:
- Parent x2 (elected, ideally one from each Academy)
- Staff x2 (Headteachers)
- Staff x2 (elected, ideally one from each Academy)
- Board of Trustees Representative x1
- STEP Governors x5
- Temporary Co-Opted Governors (according to need)
It is the belief of the Board of Trustees that this new governance structure, underpinned by sound principles, will make best use of our strengths, will address our challenges and will provide the framework for each of our Academies to become Outstanding at the next opportunity.
OUR GOVERNING BODY
- Strategic Governing Body members for Hawkes Farm Academy and Burfield Academy
- Strategic Governing Body Business Interests 2017/2018
To contact our Chair of Governors, please write to:
John Wentworth – (Interim Chair of the Governing Body of Hawkes Farm Academy)
Hawkes Farm Academy, Hawks Road, Hailsham, East Sussex BN27 1ND
Governing Body Minutes 2017/2018
- Burfield & Hawkes Farm SGB Minutes 15th January 2018
- Burfield & Hawkes Farm SGB Minutes 11th December 2017
- Burfield & Hawkes Farm SGB Minutes 18th September 2017
Governing Body Minutes 2016/2017
- Burfield & Hawkes Farm SGB Minutes 10th July 2017
- Burfield & Hawkes Farm SGB Minutes 23rd May 2017
- Burfield & Hawkes Farm SGB Minutes 25th April 2017
- Burfield & Hawkes Farm SGB Minutes 31st January 2017
Please use the link below to access STEP Board meeting minutes (including STEP Board Member attendance at each meeting):